Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the new forums here.

new forum style....

Old 02-08-2008, 06:06 AM
1st Gear
Default new forum style....

the new orginaztuonal style of the forum is wierd. I do not like it. I miss the old forums before the seperation of chasis styles.

Old 02-08-2008, 01:04 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: new forum style....

you'll be ok

Old 02-08-2008, 01:22 PM
1st Gear

I am sure I will

Old 02-08-2008, 02:20 PM
6th Gear

It'll take some getting used to and other forums i'm on do it this way, so I'm not to bad but I know that I will not check the B6 B7 sections as much and therefore not be able to help as many people

Old 02-17-2008, 09:34 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: CAB509

It'll take some getting used to and other forums i'm on do it this way, so I'm not to bad but I know that I will not check the B6 B7 sections as much and therefore not be able to help as many people
I frequent other automotive and motorcycle forums, and understand what you are trying to say, but believe that given realities regarding differences between A4, A6, and other models, it was a bad move to separate the groups here, as has occurred. The upside is that an administrative decision can be made to put it back together the way it was before.

The separation was a solution to a non-problem. There are already plenty of separate forums. This was too much.

Old 02-17-2008, 09:43 PM
Administrator

The problem isnt that there are too many forums. The problem was that people need to seperate where they search for answers, and where they post questions. If somebody posts in the "A4" section looking for advice they could be given wrong information because somebody might think they are referring to a different Model Year.

It also helps out members who dont want to read about all the threads that dont pertain to them. It provides for a cleaner forum and eliminates confusion.

The only problem that people are going to have with this is that they either A) Dont like change or B) Dont want to take the extra few clicks to read the other sections.

I dont believe that "The separation was a solution to a non-problem." Is true in any regards.

I have fielded many complaints over time about this, and finally decided to "listen to the members" and have this done.

"There are already plenty of separate forums." well yes we have plenty of forums, in fact we could probably get rid of some that arent used. Will we? Who knows.. but the A4 section itself has almost 36k threads.. Next highest Section is Off-Topic with 8k

So how is organization a bad thing?

Old 02-17-2008, 09:49 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Redgoatâ„¢

The problem isnt that there are too many forums. The problem was that people need to seperate where they search for answers, and where they post questions. If somebody posts in the "A4" section looking for advice they could be given wrong information because somebody might think they are referring to a different Model Year.

It also helps out members who dont want to read about all the threads that dont pertain to them. It provides for a cleaner forum and eliminates confusion.

The only problem that people are going to have with this is that they either A) Dont like change or B) Dont want to take the extra few clicks to read the other sections.

I dont believe that "The separation was a solution to a non-problem." Is true in any regards.

I have fielded many complaints over time about this, and finally decided to "listen to the members" and have this done.

"There are already plenty of separate forums." well yes we have plenty of forums, in fact we could probably get rid of some that arent used. Will we? Who knows.. but the A4 section itself has almost 36k threads.. Next highest Section is Off-Topic with 8k

So how is organization a bad thing?

Who moved my cheese?

if a majority of members wanted this, then there is your answer — you did the right thing.

Old 02-17-2008, 10:21 PM
Administrator

Who moved my cheese?
Im sorry I dont follow

Old 02-17-2008, 10:31 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Redgoatâ„¢

Who moved my cheese?
Im sorry I dont follow
It is the title of a book that deals with resistance to change.

Old 02-18-2008, 12:34 AM
Administrator

haha ok