General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

07 A4 oil consuption

Old 12-12-2007, 08:35 PM
Default 07 A4 oil consuption

So I have an 07 A4 with a 2.0T that has about 10k miles on it. It's using about a quart of oil every 1500 miles or so. Good thing it has a warning light or it would be dry before the next oil change at 15k. What a pos.......... The service manager at Chandler Audi tells me that this is normal oil consuption on these motors? Can this be true? I would have never ever bought a car that needs a quart of oil every other month to keep running. What kind of bs is this? My wife is expected to pop the hood on her 30k new car an add oil to it every other month? Ihad an 02 1.8t that never used a drop of oil. I can't wait until the 36 month lease is up, should have bought a Toyota or a Honda.

Old 12-14-2007, 02:29 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: 07 A4 oil consuption

Are there any leaks?
So much oil burning would reflect the emissions - have you checked what gets out from the exhaust?

Do you change (add) the oil at the dealers?
Do you book appointments?

Old 12-14-2007, 02:35 PM
Site Moderator

Its commonly known that the PCV valve is faulty in the 2.0T engines and there is an up-dated valve out there you can buy. There should be a TSB for it nowi believe, because that amount of oil consumption is not normal.

Old 12-14-2007, 09:08 PM
1st Gear

DID YOU BUY CAR NEW, HAVE YOU HAD ANY HEAD WORK DONE? CHECK FOR BAD VALVE SEALS.
GOOD LUCK

Old 12-15-2007, 05:47 PM

nemohm... No leaks at all, the dealer changed the oil at 5k. I bought the service contract with Audi so they do all the maintenance work. The car has 10500 miles now and I've added three quarts since the oil change.

auditech79... I had the car to the dealer and the service rep told me there was nothing wrong with the car and that it was normal for Audi's to use an unspecified amount of oil. He even showed my wife where it was written in the owners manual. I called the manager afterwards and he repeated the same line of crap, that oil usage was normal for turbo engines and that Audi has told him that 1 quart per 1000 miles is normal. I will as soon as the light goes on again, I will not put any more oil in it myself. I'm going totake itto the dealer so they can put oil in it. I plan on doing this every time the low oil light comes on from now on. I guess I'm going to be a pain in the a$$ until they fix my problem. I'll ask about the TSB on the PCV valve.

Dougdanger... Yes the car was purchased new, I've owned it for less than 10 months, and it has never had any repair done to it. Just one oil change at 5k miles.

Old 12-15-2007, 06:23 PM
Site Moderator

Don't bother, just buy the damn valve which costs like $20 and you won't have anymore oil problems. Don't let the oil run down to the point of the oil level light flashing, thats really bad for the motor. Turbo engines do use more oil than N/A, but not 1 quart a1,000 miles.

Old 12-15-2007, 07:21 PM

I'll try it. What do I have to lose at this point.

Search this Thread