General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2004 Allroad Turbo's, Sensors, Seals

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 10:54 PM
Default 2004 Allroad Turbo's, Sensors, Seals

Wondering if I could get a little advice on my Allroad. There are a few issues that have come up in the last month or so. While taking the car into the local Audi dealership to replace the coilpacks (...a free service in case anyone didn't know) I was told that the

1. gas exhaust temp sensors needed to be replaced
2. top end reseal was needed

After looking into what the sensors do, I was told that they "effect" the turbo's. Since taking it to the dealer about one month ago, the turbo's became irratic, and today they didn't appear to be functioning at all. In addition, I could not hear any spooling down sound (of the turbo's) after I turned the ignition off. Does anyone know if the failed sensors can cause the turbos to stop working all together? Also, would the lack of any sound from the turbos mean they're broke, or could it mean something else?

As for the "top end reseal", I was told that the engine is leaking oil onto the timing belt, and therefore needs to be changed. I check the oil every time I gas up, and the leak appears to be very slow (half a quart over 5,000 miles). Is this a repair that must be done ASAP?

Thank you for any help.