General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2006 Audi A4 2.0 HELPPPPPP !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2015, 12:31 AM
1st Gear
Default 2006 Audi A4 2.0 HELPPPPPP !!!!

Hey, how y'all doing ? A lil new to this site and Audi. just got a 2006 Audi a4. The car is in good shape just need a lil fixing. 1.windshield wiper motor 2. O2 Sensor And also red oil pressure light comes on while i'm driving. and one more thing no heat coming in the car just blow cold air. How about much would all this cost to get all this done. and if possible can you leave links of parts i need or DIY write ups Thank you

Old 12-20-2015, 12:58 PM
2nd Gear

The first two things you need address immediately is the oil light and the no heat issue. Check the oil level and make sure it's not low. If you have no valve train rattling or the engine is not making any unusual noises, you probably have a clogged or bad oil pressure sending unit. Does the coolant temp gauge work on the dash? If it does, your coolant level should be fine so it's probably just an issue with the climate control. Use some canned air (like for blowing dust bunnies out of your computer) and blow some air into the climate control temp sensor on the dash. It can get covered in dusty crud and not sense the interior temp very well. Also, I think, if you put the temp settings on the climate control to HI it will ignore the interior air temp sensor. What happens when you press the defrost button on the climate control to defrost the windshield. Any hot air coming out then?

But still, first get that oil light thing sorted out. Make sure that it is not coming on for false reason as you can kill the engine in sort order with oil pressure issues. It may be a good idea to just go ahead and do an oil and filter change. Put about a 1/3 of a can of SeaFoam in there with the oil and it may clean out any sludge that may be causing the pressure sensor to give erroneous readings, if that's what the issue is.

Old 12-20-2015, 04:03 PM
1st Gear

Thank you for your reply, as for the oil level everything looks good there every time i checked it, been seeing 1 or 2 drops on the street from time to time, more of in the middle under the oil pan. as for the coolant gauge everything works fine there also.when i press the defrost button for the windshield i do get some heat but not very much. i just got the car a few weeks back it i don't look like they took very good care of it so now im just trying to get it back well maintained if possible.