General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

99 A8 odometer shut off

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 09:21 PM
1st Gear
Default 99 A8 odometer shut off

is anyone familiar if you can turn off the odometer for a 1999 A8? Or will the ECU remember the milage upon restart? I know in escalades you can pull the fuse for your cluster and it will stop the milage from counting, but you will lose your sense of speed and all the other dummy lights. Chevy trucks you can do the same thing with..

Is it possible? if so, how can we do it?

Old 01-10-2007, 03:04 AM
Senior Administrator
Default RE: 99 A8 odometer shut off

what legal purpose cud you have for wanting to do this, just outta curiousity?

Old 01-17-2007, 11:18 PM
1st Gear

absolutely NONE at all.

Old 01-18-2007, 09:57 PM
2nd Gear

**** off asshat, people don't want to help you because it is illegal, immoral and nobody wants to end up buying your car with 50,000 miles on the odometer and 200,000 miles on the car. Yes it's possible but since your not smart enough to figure it out, your out of luck.

Old 01-21-2007, 04:41 AM
1st Gear

its not that i'm not smart enough, just trying to figure out if you had gone through the process so it could save my time and efforts. in regards to your comments to me... i'm sorry your mother droped you on your head a few times. I have noticed that this forum is very unuseful and there really isnt a huge platform for our cars. I belong to many other car sites for cars i own, the members are like brothers. Not disrespectful ********. If you do not like what i post... dont comment on it. Better yet.. do not read it. I'm sorry for your lack of sensability

Old 01-22-2007, 01:18 AM
2nd Gear

My lack of sensability? Your the dishonest asshat that doesn't have enough sense to see that people don't help losersthat are only out to lie cheat and steal. Do you "brothers" on the other forums know that your out to steal from them? Even if my mother did drop me on my head at least I'm still sensable enough to realize what is and isn't moraly right, so what's that mean for you.......RETARD?

Old 01-22-2007, 03:38 PM
3rd Gear

Why do you want to shut off the cluster? I can't think of any valid reason for driving around that way.

Old 01-24-2007, 06:35 AM
1st Gear

I do not plan on selling this car to anyone on this forum nor would i sell it to anyone period. I love my Audi too m uch, and i'll drive the piece of **** so far into the ground that it could hit the market in japan. I am not out to scam, be dishonest, or cheat any consumers. furthermore as i said before, if you do not like what i post, do not read it, if you have read it, too ******* bad. Besides i've already bypassed the odometer and have done what i needed to do.

Old 01-24-2007, 07:18 AM
5th Gear

not saying its stupid or bad but Why is my question the number isnt what matters its the miles that count and they will rack up regardless and if your gunna keep it then why ??? are you trying to fool yourself in to thinking its got less miles or what lol
ORIGINAL: lbtank03

I do not plan on selling this car to anyone on this forum nor would i sell it to anyone period. I love my Audi too m uch, and i'll drive the piece of **** so far into the ground that it could hit the market in japan. I am not out to scam, be dishonest, or cheat any consumers. furthermore as i said before, if you do not like what i post, do not read it, if you have read it, too ******* bad. Besides i've already bypassed the odometer and have done what i needed to do.

Old 01-24-2007, 03:26 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: lbtank03

Just so you know the ECU also counts milage. If you Vag it, the actual milage of the car will show, regardless of what the odometer states.

Quick Reply: 99 A8 odometer shut off