General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

a4 heseritating

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 05:07 PM
Default a4 heseritating

hi im a new audi a4 owner. 52 reg 2.0 manual petrol. iv have a slight problem with the car under 3.5 r.p.m car miss fires slightly above that it clearsdoes anyoneknow if theres a common fault that would cause this and seems to be consuming allot of oil i don't if these2thingsare connected. can anyoneHELP me PLEASE. car has covered aprox 100.000 miles thanks

Old 02-09-2008, 05:45 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: a4 heseritating

Not too sure, but wouldn't that be around the transition point from primary to secondary injectors? Might wanna the primaries looked at, but dont quote me on it. I'm not even sure how many injectors Audis have! :S

Old 02-12-2008, 07:30 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: a4 heseritating

My a4 2003 uses plenty oil like an extra 2 litre about 3 months after service it is meant to be normal. The low oil light comes on regularly which is good!!

My car hestated at lower revs afetr warm up because it had a split in the brake vacuum servo pipe at the rear of the motor. At start up the choke system dealt with it but after 5 ks specially at idle it became noticible. Which was good because I found the lack of brakes problem!! I trade it in next month. Paul