General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

A4 Tire Allignment Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 02:38 PM
1st Gear
Default A4 Tire Allignment Problem

Hi guys,

I recently had a flat tire on my 2010 Audi A4. Fortunately it happened close to home, heard the air wooshing out of the tire as I pulled into the garage.

Fast forward to a couple days ago, I took it to a local tire shop and they said the side of the tire had been completely worn down due to the front tires being misaligned. Both front tires had to be replaced.

The thing that really irks me about this is I had just taken the car to the dealership (had a broken spring in an engine piston which was causing the car to knock - was fixed and covered by warranty) maybe about a month ago and nobody said anything about grossly misalligned tires. When I got the car home the tire pressure indicator came on, but I checked the pressure, found it was fine, reset the indicator and didn't think anything of it.

Anyway, is tire alignment something that's routine / easy to inspect when taking the car in for service? Is this a recurring problem with a 2010 A4 (sports package, no quattro) to the point where I should have the alignment checked constantly to prevent the tires from exploding? This would not have ended well if it happened on the freeway!

Thanks for the tips!

Attached Thumbnails A4 Tire Allignment Problem-a4-tire-7_6_2013.jpg