General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

ALARM, LOCKS. POWER EVERYTHING WENT CRAZY...HELP

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 04:45 AM
1st Gear
Default ALARM, LOCKS. POWER EVERYTHING WENT CRAZY...HELP

MY A4 WENT CHRISTINE ON ME!!! THE DOORS UNLOCKING AND LOCKING, THE ALARM SYSTEM GOING OFF, THE WINDOWS WENT UP AND DOWN ON THEIR OWN... I FINALLY FOUND OUT THAT IT WAS ALL CONTROLLED BY A NOTOR THING IN MY PASSENGER SIDE WHEEL WELL, AND IT SOMEHOW GOT SOAKED WITH WATER. I KNOW NEED TO REPLACE IT. DOES ANYONE KNOW THE NAME OF THIS PART AND WHICH OF THE 5 DIFFERENT NUMBERS ON IT IS THE REAL PART NUMBER?

HAS ANYONE EVER HEARD OF THIS HAPPENING BEFORE?

Old 06-04-2004, 05:02 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: ALARM, LOCKS. POWER EVERYTHING WENT CRAZY...HELP

Never heard of this phenom before.
What year and type A4 do you have?

And, for your future posts, please turn off your caps. You're SHOUTING when the caps are used.

Old 06-04-2004, 05:10 AM
1st Gear

Sorry for the caps...I have a A4 1.8 Turbo Quattro

Old 06-04-2004, 06:07 AM
3rd Gear

I'll see if this item is listed in my Bentley. I'll let you know any info I get, but I still need to know what year.

Old 06-04-2004, 06:18 AM
1st Gear

Sorry again, it's a 1999. i think it's called the central locking pump after surfing the web.

do you know of any good parts dealers online?

Old 06-04-2004, 11:35 PM
3rd Gear

Bad news....
It turns out the pump is a dealer only part.
I did find a 1993 pump for an Audi 100 and it was selling for $377 instead of the $471 list price. But I couldn't find the pump anywhere else for your year and make. Sorry.

Old 06-25-2004, 01:20 AM
2nd Gear

If it's the central locking module, my mehcanic/friend just had to replace one in an A6. It's under the carpet of the driver side floor right behind where you feet sit. I would imagine it's in the same place on an A4. Same thing, locking unlocking, interior lights flashing, open door indicator going wacko. He ordered it from a dealer in Michigan and paid $276 and change for it. If you still need this part, I can get the part number for you.

Old 07-14-2004, 02:54 PM

same thing recently happened to me...my alarm goes off when i try to start the car...it won't start... the locks on my driver side door have gone backwards turning the key left now locks the car and right unlocks it. does anyone have any idea how to turn off the alarm?? i figured out how to kill the noise but i'm clueless in how to disable the whole thing or is that even my problem??? my car is a 1995 90

Old 02-13-2005, 08:57 PM

I'm new to this site, but saw your post and may have some useful info. My '96 A4 has similar ghosts (door locks freaking out, alarm misbehaving...), and now I have SERIOUS flooding after a big rain (still trying to locate the leak - suspect it's the windshield seal).

Anyway - about the alarm. You can re-set the factory alarm and disarm the system by inserting your key in the trunk lock and cycling the key to the left TWICE. You should hear the system engage, doors uhnlock, dome light come on as soon as you hit the second key-turn. Having ready your postings above I suspect my elec. probs started with a little water pooling in the footwell.

My challenges: 1) Find and seal leak. 2) Decide if I want to remove and replace the carpet myself, or find a professional. Any clues on this one would be appreciated. I suspect it's like Pandora's Sedan when one attempts to remove the seats to get the carpet out...any tips are appreciated. Good luck with your alarm issue.

MT

Old 02-14-2005, 12:50 AM
2nd Gear

You don't have to take the seats out. Just take out the strip that's between the carpet and the door. The threshold strip. Then you can pull the carpet back enough to get the module out. The flooding is exactly what hapened to the A6 Avant that my friend worked on.

Quick Reply: ALARM, LOCKS. POWER EVERYTHING WENT CRAZY...HELP