General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Allroad Won't Move

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 08:20 AM
1st Gear
Default Allroad Won't Move

Afternoon all,

I have a 2003 C5 Allroad 2.5 diesel, automatic with approx 151 miles on the clock and have recently run into some trouble with it. I ws driving along then I had to break to stop to a stand still for oncoming traffic. When I went to drive off the car refused to move (in either direction) and had to be towed home. I was also having an issue with all of the lights illuminating on the dash while trying to select gear. My friend diagnosed it with a scanning tool and it came up with the 'Tranmission Range Sensor' which I duly replaced - pain in the butt on a diesel! Thankfully this has corrected the issue off all the lights coming up, and the selector now works fine. The problem is it still won't move - backwards or forwards. We cleared the scan errors previously and now when we run it again no errors are showing up!!!

Has anyone experienced this before or have any idea what could be causing this? I'm baffled at this stage.

Any help or advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Bert

Old 07-05-2018, 04:52 PM
1st Gear

Ok I have just been scanning through the endless amounts of previous posts in relation to transmissions issues. One of them I read stated that it could be down to low transmission fluid. Would this cause the transmission to stop working does anyone know? I hope it's that straight forward