General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Any recommendations for Audi Mechanic/Shop in New York City? Need to get work done.

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 12:59 AM
1st Gear
Default Any recommendations for Audi Mechanic/Shop in New York City? Need to get work done.

Can anyone recommend a mechanic in the New York City Area that has all the proper tools and software to work on a 2004 Audi A8? Seems as though all of the shops in the New York City Area are either booked for the next 3 weeks at a time OR they are shops that choose to only repair your car if they get you the parts AND MARK UP the part cost and you have no choice to pay them.

I am looking for a mechanic that would diagnose my car, let me know what is wrong and what is needed and then charge me labor and other fees as warranted while I get the exact OEM (and not cheap stuff) parts either from Audi directly with a discount, ECS Tuning, RMEuropean etc. I am tired of these shops getting the same exact part and then charging me double of what they paid and then on top of that a labor. I can understand charging labor costs and diagnostic fees but why would you charge me double for the same exact part that I can get for cheaper than the shop can get it!

Please help anyone.

Old 04-17-2024, 01:32 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by AudiA8driver
Can anyone recommend a mechanic in the New York City Area that has all the proper tools and software to work on a 2004 Audi A8? Seems as though all of the shops in the New York City Area are either booked for the next 3 weeks at a time OR they are shops that choose to only repair your car if they get you the parts AND MARK UP the part cost and you have no choice to pay them.

I am looking for a mechanic that would diagnose my car, let me know what is wrong and what is needed and then charge me labor and other fees as warranted while I get the exact OEM (and not cheap stuff) parts either from Audi directly with a discount, ECS Tuning, RMEuropean etc. I am tired of these shops getting the same exact part and then charging me double of what they paid and then on top of that a labor. I can understand charging labor costs and diagnostic fees but why would you charge me double for the same exact part that I can get for cheaper than the shop can get it!

Please help anyone.
@AudiA8driver did you end up finding a shop in NYC that will service your car using your supplied parts?