General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

APR Sux...

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 09:00 PM
1st Gear
Default APR Sux...

...at least their customer focus does. I have an engine fault code being thrown for a non-essential emission control issue on an A6. APR said they had a solution.

8 weeks ago I called them...

"I just need a stock load...no bells and whistles or mods for my 2004 car...too many miles on motor to consider a performance upgrade"..."sure we can do a code delete for $150. Just send us your ECU"..."Wow, that's great! I'll send you my ECU in a few weeks".

Tonight...

"Okay, I'm almost finished removing my ECU. Got the security screws removed and all. Here are the codes to be deleted. Next steps?"..."Sure. Send us your ECU, pay us $150 for the fault code delete, and pay another $595 for the s/w."...."What!?! I....are you serious?"..."Yep"..."that's not what you said before I broke open my ECU. The repair for the emission issue was going to cost me $600, can we make a deal?"..."Sure...you pay me full retail for the s/w".

I spoke with a tech guy, sales guy and manager...and got the circle jerk without a happy ending...at least the woman who answered the phones was nice...bought their s/w for my A4 a few years ago...won't shop there again.