General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

AUDI A4 / EC

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 02:28 PM
1st Gear
Default AUDI A4 / EC

put a post on here a while back about my Audi A4 and problems with the engine management light coming on, to which I got a lot of great advice and answers, so I thought I would put another post on hoping you could help with my dilema.

The
car went into the garage from where I bought it, and they cleaned the throttle houseing,and unaware to me had disconnected the engine management light

Because the problems where still there a friend who works as a machanic dealing in Audi's had a look at it and found a hole in one of the pipes, so he put a bit of tape over it to see if this helped any, which it did as the engine revs stopped and it run ok for a while and still does on short journeys.

On the way home last week from visiting family in Crewe the car completley lost power while driving on the motorway but quickly regained it and the EPC light comes on from time to time, but I think this might be because the engine management light isn't on???

I have booked the car into Audi next week to be put on to the diagnosis machine, and know that its going to come back with a few things.

My dilema is to get it fixed and spend lots of money on it or do i part
exchange it????

Any advise, or let me know what you would do in this situation??

Thanks
John