General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Audi A6 18T Sport control panal flashing

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 12:09 AM
Unhappy Audi A6 18T Sport control panal flashing

This started about last June, one morning I noticed when I started up the car my rev counter and other needles started to flash and move all over the place. However as I drove away the problem disappeared. However this got more unstable and as the months went on. It happened every time I start up my car but would only happen when stationary or until the car is warm after doing 15 or so miles, it now happens most of the time. When I have my head lights on, the dial lights around the rev counter and speedo also flash along with all the little red lights inside the car. All the other EG head, radio, brake lights etc seem ok. Also if the needles are flashing & don’t settle down and I turn off the engine and lock the door with the fob, the alarm goes off. If they have settled down then the alarm is ok. So I lock each door manually as there is a problem with drivers door sensor lock. I know how to fix this but not had the interest yet. Also mt ESP light comes on and I feel like the ABS as kicked in for a second. Can anyone help PLEASE

Last edited by ailwilson; 12-30-2008 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Add other info