General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Audi A6 won't start - again..

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 05:05 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi A6 won't start - again..

I recently got a 2002 Audi A6 Quattro in February. Since having it we have had its oil changed, engine coils replaced (2 had been replaced right before we purchased it, then we did the rest). Then when I had troubles with it starting I got the whole ignition system changed, something about the key fob not being read right and not turning all the way(sorry it's so much being done and I'm not good with cars unfortunately). Then when we began having more troubles with it starting we got the alternator replaced. Now I am having troubles getting it to start again. It's been running so amazing I don't understand. We have a small oil leak, someone broke the oil pan/filter right before we bought it. We put oil in when needed, before a warning light comes on. We have had the check engine light on most of this time but mechanics keep telling me it's not something I should worry about right now they've looked into it. So, when I try to start the car it turns all the lights on just fine nothing really looks dead or like it's dying. But when I turn the key all the way, it just does not start. No noises, no troubles turning the key just nothing. I don't know what to do anymore. I love this car and do not want to get rid of it, I actually hope to keep it and also buy an allroad..
please help I am in debt trying to keep in running but know I will have problems with other older cars that just aren't as nice !!