General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Bentley Service Manual - Windows 7

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 10:16 AM
2nd Gear
Default Bentley Service Manual - Windows 7

Pretty much everyone here has strongly suggested (to say it mildly) to first spend $130 and get the manual before daring to ask questions on this forum.
I dropped the cash and got the DVD.
First hour: install
2nd-4th hour: download and install all kinds of software and programs that are required to actually use the genius eBahn program I spent a ton of money for, since the idiots at Bentley haven't had any time to get their expansive stuff to work on Windows 7 (still counting all the money they make likely, or meanwhile retired to some private island).
The only instructions given are copy/paste from user (they haven't bothered to provide instructions with their product to actually make it work on the most widely used operating system out there).

After 6 hours (running a 'virtual window xp environment') invested into this product, it now seems that it won't activate since it was previously activate (duh!) on a 'different' computer (its the same computer, but running as a 'virtual' machine).

I am ready to get my not so virtual money back from Bentley. I haven't seen such junk software EVEN WHEN IT WAS FREE DOWNLOADS.

Not sure how you guys can let Bentley get away with it.

I encourage EVERY user of eBahn/Bentley Service Manual to let them know:

http://www.bentleypublishers.com/fee...htm?to=support

Particularly, corporate customers like ROSS-TECH need to through their weight in.