AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   General Tech (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/general-tech-50/)
-   -   Disable seat belt alarm and auto door lock. How? (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/general-tech-50/disable-seat-belt-alarm-auto-door-lock-how-174538/)

magnitude 09-29-2011 03:20 PM

Disable seat belt alarm and auto door lock. How?

How can I disable the seat belt alarm and the auto locking of doors? Local dealer refuse to do it. I'll purchase anything anywhere no matter the cost to do it. I'm going crazy :D

Please link to equipment if you can.

Thanks!

warranty225cpe 09-29-2011 06:47 PM

Im pretty sure the auto door locks can be addressed with VCDS. Not sure about the seatbelt chime..

magnitude 09-30-2011 03:01 AM

What is VCDS? I read somewhere that a "vag com" could help with this problem, both of them, but they didn't say more than that. Do you know what a "vag com" is?

02A6Beau 09-30-2011 09:38 AM

vag-com is the "hardware" vcds is the "software"

ross-tech.com

you best bet is to find someone near you that has one that will hook you up for free/cheap/beer/sexual favors....

good tech is not cheap, cheap tech is not good

magnitude 10-02-2011 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by 02A6Beau (Post 1337231)
vag-com is the "hardware" vcds is the "software"

ross-tech.com

you best bet is to find someone near you that has one that will hook you up for free/cheap/beer/sexual favors....

good tech is not cheap, cheap tech is not good

Well, then I need both since I have neither and know no one that has this nearby. I recon I can use this further in the future so it's an investment.

I'll email ross-tech to get a quotation for the hardw/softw I need.

Is there any other out there which perhaps I can get a quotation from also to compare with ross tech?

Thanks man.

PS: "Sexual favors" :D :D :D

02A6Beau 10-02-2011 09:15 AM

I think list for the basic cable is $250. you really don't need any of the more advanced/fancy kits that they sell.

I've seen them on various websites for as low as $220 ish. Sometimes you can find them used for less, on average $150 ish.

there are also a selection of "vag-com style cables" available on ebay for $20 ish. the genuine cable will have "Genuine Ross-Tech" printed on it somewhere. It has built in "codes" that will allow full functionality with the software. If you buy one of the discount cables you can buy a license from Ross-Tech for $100 (IIRC). Just beware that some of the discount cables aren't very reliable. I've heard reports that some of them don't work at all or stop working after about a year.

I think it is a wise investment if you plan on keeping your car for any length of time.

good luck

magnitude 10-02-2011 09:18 AM

When you say "cable", what do you mean exactly? I thought you would get a hand held device or a cable to connect to your PC or something. Am I right?

02A6Beau 10-02-2011 09:25 AM

a cable to connect to a PC. come in serial and USB flavors. most of the hand held readers are just generic.

the handhelds will allow you to read/clear codes. the PC based VCDS with a genuine cable allows you to access individual modules, recode modules (change convenience features, adjust thresholds...that kind of thing) and real time monitoring of sensors.

I know you asked about alternatives but for VW/Audi/SEAT/Skoda vehicles the Ross-Tech package is pretty much the only option short of opening your own dealership/service department.

magnitude 10-02-2011 09:28 AM

Do you know if it is compatible with mac?

02A6Beau 10-02-2011 05:22 PM

Mac is not supported.

according to the website some people have had success using boot camp and XP. Vista doesn't seem reliable. i didn't see anything about Win7