General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Disable seat belt alarm and auto door lock. How?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 03:20 PM
1st Gear
Default Disable seat belt alarm and auto door lock. How?

How can I disable the seat belt alarm and the auto locking of doors? Local dealer refuse to do it. I'll purchase anything anywhere no matter the cost to do it. I'm going crazy

Please link to equipment if you can.

Thanks!

Old 09-29-2011, 06:47 PM
3rd Gear

Im pretty sure the auto door locks can be addressed with VCDS. Not sure about the seatbelt chime..

Old 09-30-2011, 03:01 AM
1st Gear

What is VCDS? I read somewhere that a "vag com" could help with this problem, both of them, but they didn't say more than that. Do you know what a "vag com" is?

Old 09-30-2011, 09:38 AM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

vag-com is the "hardware" vcds is the "software"

ross-tech.com

you best bet is to find someone near you that has one that will hook you up for free/cheap/beer/sexual favors....

good tech is not cheap, cheap tech is not good

Old 10-02-2011, 08:40 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by 02A6Beau
vag-com is the "hardware" vcds is the "software"

ross-tech.com

you best bet is to find someone near you that has one that will hook you up for free/cheap/beer/sexual favors....

good tech is not cheap, cheap tech is not good
Well, then I need both since I have neither and know no one that has this nearby. I recon I can use this further in the future so it's an investment.

I'll email ross-tech to get a quotation for the hardw/softw I need.

Is there any other out there which perhaps I can get a quotation from also to compare with ross tech?

Thanks man.

PS: "Sexual favors"

Old 10-02-2011, 09:15 AM

I think list for the basic cable is $250. you really don't need any of the more advanced/fancy kits that they sell.

I've seen them on various websites for as low as $220 ish. Sometimes you can find them used for less, on average $150 ish.

there are also a selection of "vag-com style cables" available on ebay for $20 ish. the genuine cable will have "Genuine Ross-Tech" printed on it somewhere. It has built in "codes" that will allow full functionality with the software. If you buy one of the discount cables you can buy a license from Ross-Tech for $100 (IIRC). Just beware that some of the discount cables aren't very reliable. I've heard reports that some of them don't work at all or stop working after about a year.

I think it is a wise investment if you plan on keeping your car for any length of time.

good luck

Old 10-02-2011, 09:18 AM
1st Gear

When you say "cable", what do you mean exactly? I thought you would get a hand held device or a cable to connect to your PC or something. Am I right?

Old 10-02-2011, 09:25 AM

a cable to connect to a PC. come in serial and USB flavors. most of the hand held readers are just generic.

the handhelds will allow you to read/clear codes. the PC based VCDS with a genuine cable allows you to access individual modules, recode modules (change convenience features, adjust thresholds...that kind of thing) and real time monitoring of sensors.

I know you asked about alternatives but for VW/Audi/SEAT/Skoda vehicles the Ross-Tech package is pretty much the only option short of opening your own dealership/service department.

Old 10-02-2011, 09:28 AM
1st Gear

Do you know if it is compatible with mac?

Old 10-02-2011, 05:22 PM

Mac is not supported.

according to the website some people have had success using boot camp and XP. Vista doesn't seem reliable. i didn't see anything about Win7

Quick Reply: Disable seat belt alarm and auto door lock. How?