General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Electrics - Audi 80, 95 (and hello)

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 11:17 PM
Default Electrics - Audi 80, 95 (and hello)

Hello,

(95 Audi 80E 2.0, Auto)

Well I went to start the car last week and it wouldn't turn over at all - battery dead. When it was jump starteded the headlights came on in the low position - even though they werent actually switched on. Even with the headlights switched off they were staying on low beam and the only way I could get them to turn off (and not drain the battery again) was by taking out the two corresponding fuses. With the fuses back in the lights havent been coming back on but I don't trust that it might just happen when I'm not around to check (like the first night). AND the radio in the car has gone a bit mental (which must be related) and turns on but only shows two numbers and no static and no anything else.

Can anyone help me - electrics are usually sort of easy to fix right? Just wondering what I'm dealing with - I really love this car I've had it for about 6 months and its been great (well apart from the hamster / fish smell that comes out when the heater is on).

Thanks for whatever advice you can give me.

Emma

Old 07-31-2005, 06:54 PM
1st Gear
Default Battery

You say the you charged the battery but did you drop test it after? (this is a test to make sure that the battery has acepted the charge) if you hav't done this I would try this first allthough this would explain the side lights staying on even if the switch was in the off position (most proberal cause the light switch)

AUdi scientist