General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

EPC light help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 07:29 PM
Default EPC light help!

Yesterday while driving on the highway my EPC light turned on and when shifting i realized i had a major power loss to the engine. I can drive the car but it is apparently in limp-home mode. At the time, I pulled off the road and popped the hood to realize that a wire had come unclipped and melted from the heat of the engine. This wiring harness connects to the engine in the front, part connects to the air intake, and also the back of the engine it appears. I'm not sure exactly what these wires do. The wire that looked to be most damaged was a green wire.

I am now getting the following codes, and the EPC light will not clear.

P0444
P0243
P2295
P2400
P0031
P0036

I can still drive the car, but have the acceleration equal to a scooter at best. I repaired the wire but fear this short must have damaged something else, or maybe i just need to replace the wires completely.

If anyone has and recommendations on what parts to try first I would appreciate it as i cannot afford to pay the dealership thousands just swapping out parts that may or may not need replaced.

Thanks!