General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Erratic Cruise Control Function

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 11:07 AM
Default Erratic Cruise Control Function

I'm hoping somebody else out there has had similar symptoms, and can point me in the right direction. My cruise control only works in the morning for about 5 to 10 minutes. While it's working, it works well, (i.e. maintains speed, resume works, brake and clutch disengage features work, set button works, etc.), but only for 5 to 10 minutes. After that, it stops working at all until the following morning when I go to work. I checked the brake and clutch vent switches, and they function correctly. I gambled and replaced the multi-function switch on the steering collumn, and that did not change the problem. I checked for vacuum leaks, and couldn't find any. Anybody have a problem like this? If so, how did you resolve it? Any other things to try? Thanks.

Old 03-24-2005, 01:16 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Erratic Cruise Control Function

i have the same problem haven't gotten it fixed yet but i changed the fuses which mine was burned, i thought mabe it shorted it out or something but i should be getting that look at pritty soon.