General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Help!!! Audi A4 2.0T

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 09:08 PM
1st Gear
Default Help!!! Audi A4 2.0T

I was driving down the freeway when the OIL PRESSURE warning light turned on. I pulled to the side and checked my oil level but it was fine. I kept driving and the car turned off once, but started back up. As I kept driving again the car made a weird noise and completely shut off. It won't start back up. It seems like it's not getting any compression. I have a feeling the oil wasn't pumping to the heads or something. Any idea what it might be and how much to fix? It's a 2005 Audi A4 2.0t

Old 05-25-2014, 07:43 PM
1st Gear
Default Out of luck

You probably shouldn't have kept driving when "Oil Pressure" light came on. Most likely your gonna need an engine. To verify this your gonna have to check the bearings on cylinder head and main bearings for scoring. Good luck.

Old 06-11-2014, 09:20 PM
1st Gear

Unfortunately doesn't sound good.. Any lack of oil pressure will damage internal engine components. The oil pump is responsible for sending oil from the bottom to the top of the engine. If the pump fails, the top and bottom of the engine can be starved for oil / lubrication. The oil pump is chain driven from a sprocket on the crankshaft. If the pump "locks up" the drive chain can break..
Sorry for the bad news