General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

HELP Audi TT aftermarket stereo

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 09:42 PM
1st Gear
Question HELP Audi TT aftermarket stereo

So I have been having a lot of issues with the stereo that my audi came with. It seems to be made exactly for my 2010 Audi tt but dies not have any sort of logo on it. I have had people tell me to take out the whole thing and see if there is a serial number and name on the back. I have gone to many different places ( like Audi and car toys) that have told me that they can not touch the system. What I do want to know is if I take the stereo I have now out then can I find/install a regular Audi symphony stereo back in? I don't want the one I have in now, it has a lot of issues and quite honestly looks tacky in the car. It is touch screen but works and looks more like a computer. Unlike Audi stereos/dashes that are controlled by the big *** in the middle instead of touch screen. So that's another one of my questions, since regular Audi stereos are different will I be able to even find one I can have? Could it be sold separately? And even if I could find it, would the instal work fine? Would I still be able to use everything?