General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

help with a DV-BOV

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 08:55 PM
1st Gear
Default help with a DV-BOV

ok like i said in the greeting section i just became the proud owner of an a4 1.8T quattro. im looking to do some mod's and i was wondering which is better a diverter valve or a blow off valve.. i heard badd stuff abotu BOV's but then again i have a friend who has one and has no troubles. is there any performance increase from adding these and if so how does it help? and finaly if its not to much.. which brand do you audi experts suggest i get? thanks for any help i can get

Old 09-04-2006, 09:06 PM
Default RE: help with a DV-BOV

First off even if you could run a blow off valve there is no performance increase regardless all it does it let out Boost how could this give you HP. Second if you don't want people tu hurl flaming Fireballs up your @ss never ask this again. Audi is a closed loop system meaning it relies on the air that is resurculated, if you get rid of DV you'll run rich yeah your buddy has no problems NOW but give it time he'll f^ that engine. If you want the Psssh!! get a new DV and an intake or taht little horn thingy that makes the sound.

Old 09-04-2006, 09:08 PM
1st Gear

thanks i think

Old 09-04-2006, 09:30 PM

Yeah its a thanks because others are not so nice about it casue every new person asks this. However if you really want a BOV you can get a SAFMS and tune your car to run MAF less. Its a pain in the ***(sounds cool but) a pain in the ***.

Old 09-04-2006, 10:19 PM
1st Gear

thank ya