General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Help with my car's OBD

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 06:47 PM
1st Gear
Post Help with my car's OBD

Hi, I have a 2003 audi a4 quattro 1.8t. I'm a car enthusiast and have upgraded my car's ECU (APR Stage 1 flash) and have installed a Carbonio Cold Air Intake myself. Now I'd like to get more "into" the car by hooking up my computer to its ECU and viewing its diagnostics (Fuel/air ration, torque, horsepower, etc..). But how do I do this? I know there is either an OBD or OBD-II port under the dash, driver's side, but what product should I buy to connect the port to my computer. I have seen many like a bluetooth port that hooks up to an app on your phone. But I'd prefer an OBD port to USB converter that I can plug into my computer and view the diagnostics and such from there. Also would it be possible to go in and alter some of the features, like the mixture of the fuel/air ratio, or adjust the turbochargers output? So to sum it up, what products should I get, and what software for my computer? Thanks a lot.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:35 PM
1st Gear

Forgot the mention that my computer is a Mac

Last edited by zzchrome; 05-13-2012 at 09:44 PM.