General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

I need more bass...

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 08:16 PM
1st Gear
Default I need more bass...

For reference: 1997 A4 2.8 Q/Stock everything...

I thought that I would be fine selling my two, double boxed 10" subs (two 10's in one box) with my other car and deal with the stock GALA system on the A4...I was wrong. I don't want as much bass capabilities as I had with that, but I need something better than what the rears provide as far as a nice thump goes. I'm not going to get subs, just because I use the folding seats for large items (bike and snowboard) and am not going to deal with constant removal.

I am on a very minimal budget and would prefer to purchase just a set of rears for $50-$75 (or a little more if they will blow me out of the water) rather than redoing the whole system. If I could get some advice on what rears would be best for me. I mainly want them for my techno because my all-time favorite driving comes with a nice thumping beat in the background.

I was reading about the rears and saw something about them having amps attached to them. Will that be a problem for me to install new speakers? I don't want to have to purchase an amp if I don't need to. I have a little bit of wiring knowledge, but not much. I am a quick learner and would love to be able to DI'M' this one. Again, it is the stock headunit, amp, and speakers.

Thanks for any help I can get here. I really appreciate it.