General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Important update on VVME HID conversion kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 10:55 PM
1st Gear
Thumbs down Important update on VVME HID conversion kit

Happy New Year everyone:

I started another thread back in November of 2008 and I bought a true Bi-Xenon H4 HID kit from VVME and installed by an Audi master mechanic on 20th November. Unfortunately, the HID kit has failed terribly. The High beam function is now dead for no reason, one of the HID bulbs turns off at will during driving at night and it came back on after a few minutes as it wishes. Audi master mechanic has examined the whole system and everything is hooked up as instructed by VVME so the kit is a failure.

On top of that, when I contacted VVME in China, apparently that's where their customer service department is , their service suck! Their 14 months warranty is a bunch of BS , you have to ship the defected part(s) back to Beijing, China, not to the U.S. distributor or office first before tey will send you a replacement . I understand that the HID kit is cheap, for under $100 but the quality of the product is inferior. May be there are other HID kits that is better, anyone care to recommend another HID kit? I need to find another one to replace mine, it only lasted over a month, that's not cool!

Old 01-05-2009, 02:40 AM
1st Gear

i hear ya, i tried ordering a kit from them, but it got stuck in customs and then returned to them. so i asked them for my money back or resend the kit and they told me to pay again.

they didnt even have very good grammar. its like they just hit the translate button.

i feel your frustration man....

Old 01-05-2009, 04:18 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by phoenixlegend
May be there are other HID kits that is better, anyone care to recommend another HID kit? I need to find another one to replace mine, it only lasted over a month, that's not cool!
Happy New Year as well. Sorry to hear about your misfortune...
I belong to the bmwlt.com forum and many of us have used with great success this company, and while there has been some reported failures (a small percentgae) the customer service is great and replacement units were shipped in a timely manner when needed.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:37 PM
1st Gear
Smile Interesting information

Hi Zippy_gg:

Thanks for the info. About this company, are they local like in the United States or somewhere in China? I'm kinda sick and tired of giving "made in China" another chance if you know what I mean. Like with VVME, I can either send the whole kit back to them or pay them some money and they will ship one item back to me. However, if your whole kit is messed up, replacing one item at a time doesn't cut it. By the time you replaced all the pieces, it ended up costing me more than $100 on top of the $100 I originally spent, that's just BS! Can you tell me a little bit about this company that you recommended? Very curious as I have to buy another whole conversion kit now. Thanks!

Old 01-06-2009, 04:29 PM
2nd Gear

The company has on office either in the US or in Canada, but in either case they have great service. Usually they ship you the replacement part without waiting to get the defective one in their hands first. Worst case scenario they will ask for a deposit in the form of a credit card. I had to return a defective igniter, gave them a CC number and I got a new uint 2 days later. They never charged my CC. They also respond to e-mail...

Old 01-16-2009, 08:46 PM
1st Gear
Thumbs up Thanks for your recommendation

This company http://www.cqlight.ca is good, really good. I'm grateful that they can provide excellent service and products, they are definitely a huge improvement than VVME, VVME sucks! Thanks for your recommendation.

Old 01-16-2009, 11:00 PM
2nd Gear

Glad to hear you are getting what you wanted!