General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Installing DEPO Headlight Assembly on '03 A6 Quattro 3.0

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 01:00 PM
1st Gear
Default Installing DEPO Headlight Assembly on '03 A6 Quattro 3.0

Hi Guys/Gals...I purchased these EURO CHROME CLEAR PROJECTOR ANGEL EYES HALO RING Headlight Assemblies from ebay (I hope this wasn't my first mistake )...it's supposed to be a direct fit for my car (which has the factory HID's). Here is a link to the actual headlights/auction:

02 03 04 AUDI A6 CHROME ANGEL XENON HID D2S HEADLIGHT | eBay

I was able to get my old headlight assembly off the vehicle, and I began transferring the ballast from the old assembly to the new assembly (minor issue here was the screw from the ballast bracket was too small for the threads in the new headlight...but that's a minor annoyance). Also, the yellow parking bulbs they sent didn't fit their own headlight socket...another minor annoyance...I'll pick up the right bulbs for that.

But the issue where I'm stuck at is the mounting of the Auto Leveling Motor. The 2 applications seem quite different. The first pic I'm attaching shows the mounting spot for the Leveling Motor on the new headlight, and the second pic shows the mounting spot for the Auto Leveling Motor on the old headlight (with the motor attached). The 3rd pic shows the mounting spot for the Auto Leveling Motor on the old headlight (with the motor detached).

Is this the wrong headlight assembly for my car, or do I need to disassemble the Auto Leveling Motor to make it attach to the mount on the new headlight?

Thanks for any assistance you guys can provide.

Mikey/

Attached Thumbnails Installing DEPO Headlight Assembly on '03 A6 Quattro 3.0-new_headlight_auto_leveling_motor_resized.jpg   Installing DEPO Headlight Assembly on '03 A6 Quattro 3.0-old_headlight_auto_leveling_motor_exteriorview_resized.jpg   Installing DEPO Headlight Assembly on '03 A6 Quattro 3.0-old_headlight_auto_leveling_motor_interiorview_resized.jpg