AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   General Tech (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/general-tech-50/)
-   -   Instruments + Information Radio (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/general-tech-50/instruments-information-radio-79640/)

LEANDRO 10-26-2007 09:08 PM

Instruments + Information Radio

Hello... I changed my instrumets painel every is works good, but the information about Radio. (FM/AM) can not displayed in the instruments painel.
Someone knows how canI solve this ??? Is there step by step that I need to do in VAG to solve this.

regards

Leandro

dankhound 10-28-2007 12:22 PM

RE: Instruments + Information Radio

Check your coding to make sure it is correct. I do believe there is an adaptation that needs to be performed for this to work. Unfortuanatly id dont recall which one needs to be changed to what.

LEANDRO 10-28-2007 12:56 PM

ok.. tks.. but what coding did you mean ???? 8L920930M (Instruments) or coding to put in VAG software ??? where can I find this code ???
regards
Leandro

techbod 10-28-2007 01:00 PM

a little information on what car/engine/age could help;)

tHe kNiGHt FaLL 11-01-2007 07:41 PM

i'm confused...

are you guys audi techs... or just know alot about service...?

first off.... what VAG are youpossibly going to use...?

the procedure for replacing a cluster... is using a VAS 5051/52 you need to store all adaptation channels in the scan tool, install new cluster and burn the data into the new cluster.

now you said everything works so somehow you accomplished this.

your instrument cluster needs to be coded to the radio... which should have been done when you replaced it.

if it didn't.... using a VAS 5051/52 coding and or adaptations need to be checked. for both the radio and the cluster.

and coding is not software version... coding is where you tell the instrument cluster control module J285 wha size gas tank, trans type, vehicle location... blah blah blah. and it comes up w/ a code and is store in the module.

tHe kNiGHt FaLL 11-01-2007 07:46 PM

ORIGINAL: techbod

a little information on what car/engine/age could help;)
[sm=pcwhack.gif]

my thoughts always

dankhound 11-03-2007 11:43 AM

Sometimes the 5051 transfers everything over properly. Sometimes it doesnt. The adaptation is different than the coding. I dont have a vagcom so i dont know if it is possible to change the adaptation, but i think it would be possible.

tHe kNiGHt FaLL 11-04-2007 08:52 PM

ORIGINAL: dankhound

Sometimes the 5051 transfers everything over properly. Sometimes it doesnt. The adaptation is different than the coding. I dont have a vagcom so i dont know if it is possible to change the adaptation, but i think it would be possible.
very true... but it will tell you how many channels were... and which weren't.

in function description.

it is possible to change. you just need to kno the channel number and whats being adapted