General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

my next mod for my a4

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 12:57 AM
1st Gear
Default my next mod for my a4

hey guys ive got a 99 a4 fwd w apr chip remus exhaust and a hybrid bov

me and my friends have a little group of us and our cars and we run with other groups once in a while
anyways... my friends firebird bogged out and he ended up loosing the race to a maro..z28 1996
nothing special
this guy cant keep his mouth shut and i want to smoke the **** out of him cus he thinks he is going to run with a 4 BANGER
i think his compression is off cus my friend with a 5.0 was hanging neck and neck with him so he isnt pushing what he should be..
im planning on calling him out and when i race him i want to murder him.
ive ran with my friend 98 stang gt and we are neck n neck for a half mile when i throw a bottle of octane boost in there. without it, i loose.
thisrace isnt that big of a deal because we arent thequickest cars in the group but i want to shut this guy up... hes out of highschool and im a junior in high school so i think if i beat him hed shut up

i wasjustwondering how much could myko3 hold me boosting (without it being dangerous)
and how muchmore hp and torque would it give me?
most people when they look at mycar they think its heated but then theyresearch it and think itsshit...
i love to show up v8s because they think they are the **** when it comes to i4's.
ineed to buy a cheap boost controller but i dont know whichone to get? anyones in particular??
i need to get it quick!

oh yea n this guy isnt going to think its a big deal becauseanother stang gt in ther group raced my brother one time when he was driving it and i guess he pulled on my audi..
soo i want to show them up
iwasalso wondering if i were to run 100 octane with octane boost also with the boost turned up to max how much power can i get??
thanks for your help guys
appreciate it

Old 02-06-2008, 01:07 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: my next mod for my a4

ill be all night so if you have any ideas about it let me kno
thanks

Old 02-06-2008, 01:32 AM
1st Gear

still waiting for some help...

Old 02-06-2008, 10:19 AM
1st Gear

I'm new here, so um, are we allowed to reply to guys like this or do we just let these threads die here? haha

Old 02-06-2008, 11:59 AM
Tech Guru

you just let guys like this blow up thier cars..... then we kick them in the nuts and point and laugh..... and let these kinds of threads die

Old 02-06-2008, 12:24 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: turbo kraut

you just let guys like this blow up thier cars..... then we kick them in the nuts and point and laugh..... and let these kinds of threads die
Sweet thanks. My knee jerk reaction is to post a quick smart alec response, with a little flaming thrown in, but I was careful, I'm new here too.

Old 02-06-2008, 06:33 PM
1st Gear

wow you two are hilarious.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:53 AM
Tech Guru

ORIGINAL: omidsaudi

wow you two are hilarious.
well, first off you are street racing, or that is the way you make it appear

second off you didn't search........... and you could find alot of the answers you want by searching

and ask jeff... he now has an evo, but i think he turned the boost up on his a4 and blew it up........ unless you are running a diode mode, what you are getting out of you tunning is the most optimal.......

if you really wanna spank cars, look into a new turbo..... but keep it on the track

if not see my original post and then we can kick your nuts a second time and point and laugh even harder

Old 02-07-2008, 10:12 PM
1st Gear

sorry but whats a diode mode?
i would like to get a ko4 but i cant afford it right now and i just want to be able to push a little bit more. i plan on getting an s4 by next year so i dont want to put to much $ on the a4.
what do you have done to your car??

oh yea and if you know, i was driving today i realized my turbo isnt kicking like it use to. i still hear to spooling but it sounds as if something is dragging when it spools.
any clue of what is going on?

Old 02-08-2008, 08:34 AM
Tech Guru

you have a 99 so the diode mod won't work