General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Need Help With Navigation System

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 01:44 AM
2nd Gear
Default Need Help With Navigation System

I just purchased a 2002 TT with navigation and CDs. I have the owners manual and the navigation manual but cannot for anything find out what model it is. I have looked in the manuals, looked in the car, and looked on the CDs and can't find any info as to what model it is, C, D, or plus, or whatever. How do I find this out?

Also, when using it I get strange results. I put in the Ohio Valley CD and try to select "Dayton" for town. But when I select Dayton,I get a list of other cities in other states shown below it!??? So it displays "Dayton" at the top, and then a city in Wisconson and other state cities which aren't even in the Ohio Valley area! ?? What is the deal with this.? I understand the menu system completely , its just that the queries are giving results noteven related tothe area CD.

When I was somehow able to select Dayton, I did could not find several streets I know are in Dayton.
The CD is dated 2003.

Help

Old 02-10-2007, 03:41 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Need Help With Navigation System

Sounds like you have the US only version on Nav it's kind of like a C or D.

When you search for "Dayton" it will pop up every Dayton it finds on the disk, it is not specific to your location.
YOu might be looking for a place in Dayton PA, so the Nav is giving you that option.

Your Disk was made in 2002 if it's a 03 disk. That disk is 5yo now. A lot of the information will be wrong.
Go to http://www.navteq.com/ & pick up the new Cd's for $129.

Or spend $1500 & pick up the DVD based RNS-E, it's so much better!

Old 02-12-2007, 12:09 AM
2nd Gear

Ok, I'm not following any of what you are saying.

If I have the US only version, well of course, I'm in the US and all the disks are of US territories. I don't have a problem with that. The disk is Specifically for the "Ohio valley" area so why does Daytona pop up? If I put in "T", I get Talahassee in the list! ??

And I believe that Dayton, OH existed more than 5 years ago so....what's your point? The disks are out of date? Ok maybe a little, but Dayton, OH should come up on the list for the Ohio Valley CD shouldn't it?

When I put in Dayton, it displays:
Armstrong, PA
Bertrand TWP
Columbia, WA

???

After putting in Dayton, I would expect it to ask for a street.
Do you have the Ohio Valley Disk? What do you get?

I wrote several message to navteq on their website. They don't respond to any of them. Frankly I don't know how they run a business that way.

Old 02-12-2007, 12:40 AM
2nd Gear

I played with this some more and if I was Navteq I would be ashamed of this thing (the data that is). Its pathetic.

I put in Cincinnati, and the selcted 'M' for street. Only one street comes up.!!!!! Millcreek road which isn't even a major street.
Other main streets in Cincinatti are not listed.

For Beaver Creek TWP (Beaver Creek near Dayton) It has a road called "Oak Rd." which.......Doesn't exist in Beavercreek!

Why would I buy new disks when the old ones were so lame? I would want a money back gaurantee if I did get them.

I was really pleased to have bought a car with a navigation system on it but now wish I had heated seats instead.

Old 02-12-2007, 01:17 AM
2nd Gear

For the record , It looks like I have the D-Navi 10-CD set minus the Midwest U.S.

Would be interested in hearing other peoples results on this system.

Old 02-12-2007, 01:31 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: alan93

Ok, I'm not following any of what you are saying.

If I have the US only version, well of course, I'm in the US and all the disks are of US territories. I don't have a problem with that. The disk is Specifically for the "Ohio valley" area so why does Daytona pop up? If I put in "T", I get Talahassee in the list! ??

And I believe that Dayton, OH existed more than 5 years ago so....what's your point? The disks are out of date? Ok maybe a little, but Dayton, OH should come up on the list for the Ohio Valley CD shouldn't it?

When I put in Dayton, it displays:
Armstrong, PA
Bertrand TWP
Columbia, WA

???

After putting in Dayton, I would expect it to ask for a street.
Do you have the Ohio Valley Disk? What do you get?

I wrote several message to navteq on their website. They don't respond to any of them. Frankly I don't know how they run a business that way.
WOW, some one has a little attitude, sorry I was just trying to help, you should not shoot the messenger.

Maybe you should learn to explain your self better in your first post, and not be angry when not every one understand what you having problems with.

I'm done trying to you.

Old 02-12-2007, 04:02 PM
2nd Gear

Sorry you were offended by myexpression ofdisgruntlement and exasperation towards this system when Iasked questions about things in my OP that you didn't respond to. My frustration is not aimed at you, but the makers of this data.