General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

new to audi's; misc parts help

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 11:36 PM
Default new to audi's; misc parts help

Hello, all.

I am new to audi's with a 2000 A6 2.8, @ 100k. I am curious if somewhere on here or other sitehas some service/repair pricing guidance as I just took the car to a local shop to eval. tranny and replace any seals/filter as necessary (I suspect fluid is low). They haven' t tore into it yet, but would like to be prepared at going rates to expect (I have found list pricing for some parts from site referenced on this forum).

Also, I have a broken side mirror switch (center console)and cup holder; is there a good sight/vendor for the misc. interior parts in case I can't locate a loaded junker?

Thanks, Mark.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:23 AM
SoCal Crew Member
Default RE: new to audi's; misc parts help

Not sure about transpricing but you can find all your misc. interior parts (mirror control switch and cup holder) on ebay at low costs...ebay will be your new best friend next to A.F.
Good luck and enjoy
Germantech

Old 09-18-2007, 07:28 AM

Thanks for the ebay tip; I do use it occasionally.

Old 09-19-2007, 10:49 PM
1st Gear

Audi's use sealed transmissions with synthetic fluid. They do not need to have the trans fluid changed like a regular car. Some dealers will do it and some will tell you not to open it. As far as topping it off it is not an easy process. beacause it is sealed there is no dip stick and must be filled with computer aid. Because of this it can be expensive and require a shopthat is knowledgable on these high tech machines.Ebay for parts is king but look for a junk yard that specializes in high end cars. There is on in CTI use often.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:41 PM

Thanks, I'm aware of the tranny deal when I was looking for the diptube before i bought the car. Just got it out of shop where they replaced only the seal I noted was leaking and the filter and fluid.At 100k, it is high time to replace. hopefully, it was replaced before, but doubt it. I don't really like a seal auto tranny, but it is what it is. Thanks for the head's up on CLT junk yds. I go there occasionally.