General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

new guy, need some help

Old 09-27-2005, 12:30 AM
1st Gear
Default new guy, need some help

hey guys,
so i just bought a 2000 tt fwd 1.8t, and i'm ready to make the car my own. but i'm new to this game so i need some advice.

i went on ebay and found a intercooler for like 150 bucks, brand new. no name brand i've heard of, its a front mount. so i'm questioning weither or not its a smart idea to not buy a name brand? is it hard to instal? what other things would i need to instal it? do i need to reprogram my engine? and is a blowoff valve a good investment along with it?

now for cool air intakes...apparently there is already a bmc airfilter in the box, but i wanted to replace it with a injen intake, that mounts the filter close to the front wheel down at the bottom of the car. my friend has an almost identical AEM setup in his gti and he likes it alot, yes i know i wont drive it in the winter..

sway bars? who makes some good ones, where can i get them?

also i noticed some bocking when i'm in high rpms, in 5th gear or so...is this turbo lag? or just the engine being problematic...sorry for my ignorance, i've never owned a turbo charged engine before

anyhelp would be greatly appreciated!
thanks
matt

Search this Thread