General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

No Head Lights / Dash Lights

Old 07-03-2007, 09:26 AM
2nd Gear
Default No Head Lights / Dash Lights

Checked fuses look good.Turn signals work. Bright lights work on temp switch. Fog lights don't work.
It apears to be the switch.

I don't remember them working after I got it back from the dealership last time when they pulled steering column apart to fix popping noise. Think they disconnected something?
I wonder if its worth me pulling off the panel myself. I can get them to look at it but I have to wait a week.

Any other possibilities?

Old 07-05-2007, 09:47 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: No Head Lights / Dash Lights

I decided to pull the panel off myself ( didn't think I had a torx bit but did after all ) and was amazed at how easy it was to get it back together. I never worry about pulling things apart or being able to fix them, its always the putting them back together thing I dread.

AND SURE ENOUGH,,,,the monkey at the dealership left the connectors unplugged even after his boss monkey said that the monkey who did it wasn't the type of guy to do that, he was a "quality" worker. I think that's the 3rd strike for me with them now but whatever, at least I got it fixed.

Old 07-06-2007, 01:42 AM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: alan93

I decided to pull the panel off myself ( didn't think I had a torx bit but did after all ) and was amazed at how easy it was to get it back together. I never worry about pulling things apart or being able to fix them, its always the putting them back together thing I dread.

AND SURE ENOUGH,,,,the monkey at the dealership left the connectors unplugged even after his boss monkey said that the monkey who did it wasn't the type of guy to do that, he was a "quality" worker. I think that's the 3rd strike for me with them now but whatever, at least I got it fixed.
Yeah right, the dealer said he was a quality guy, its called flatrate. I hate theflat rate system for this very reason, quality goes down the poop shoot when someone istrying to set a time record putting a car back together, i f*** all the time and i do it less than some of the old timers.

Old 07-06-2007, 09:49 PM
2nd Gear

I didn't mind the screw up as bad as the guy telling me I had to wait a week to come back in because hesaid they were"busy". Even when it was his fault , which he doubted. Good thing for me (and them) Inoticed the problem at home instead of driving back at night from somewhere or hit fog and wrecked.
I did get a nonchallant"oh yea sorry" from them but nothing to give me an incentive or make me feel comfortable about going back there. Some people just don't get "good business" = "repeat business".