General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Oil pressure light

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 03:10 AM
1st Gear
Default Oil pressure light

'00 audi a6 quattro 2.8

I took my car in about two weeks ago to get my cruise control fixed (it didn't work at all) and had them look at my cd player (there was a tape stuck in the tape player and the cd player quit working) coincidentally they both cut out in the same day on my 14 hour trip from colorado to las vegas... tho the mechanic said the cd player was a short because the tape was stuck in it for so long and the only fix was to get a new cd deck... he said the cruise control was because some bad brake wiring??... the scanned my car and told me they would try to replace a relatively cheap piece to see if that solved the problem...

anyways.. right after i left the place my oil pressure light comes on and beeps... i called the mechanic and asked him right away what i should do.. he said if it's not being really loud that it is no big deal.... annnyways... i went and got my oil changed and my pressure ends up at about 200 at the highest.. and the light still comes on and beeps every time i start the car...

what should i do?? any advice from anyone???

Old 11-04-2007, 08:53 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: Oil pressure light

200 is good for oil temperature. If your oil pressure is low
have it checked with a meter. You shouldn't drive with low oil pressure.

Old 11-04-2007, 02:10 PM
1st Gear

cool is there a way i can get it checked without bringing it to a dealership and paying so much???
thanks
christian

Old 11-04-2007, 03:19 PM
4th Gear
Old 11-04-2007, 07:49 PM
1st Gear

you said your pressure ends up at 200...? or did you mean temp...?
and you didn't have this problem before...? and was the mechanic that worked on it last an Audi Tech or just a local shop...? cause its almost impossible to diagnose infotainment issues w/o a factory scan tool.

bad brakes wiring will disable your cruise...