General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

PLEASE I NEED HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 10:03 PM
1st Gear
Default PLEASE I NEED HELP!!!

My radio in my car is in safe mode and i can not use it i have the vin of the radio if that helps... please please please help me... im desperate i don't have any money to go to an audi dealership 60 miles away!!! help.

Old 02-11-2008, 10:23 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: PLEASE I NEED HELP!!!

I think you need to go to an Audi dealer, they pull the radio and using the s/n they get the codes from their computer. Why do you need to go to the dealer? So some one else can't steal your radio and get the code.
If you have the original books/ radio book it will have the code, these usually get lost when the car changes hands.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:22 PM
1st Gear

yeah, i know youcan do that but the problem is that they charge you $100 and i don't have any money now!!! isn't there any other way i can get the code? or reprogram the whole system??? theres no book it waent there when i bout the car, and also the closest audi dealership is 1.5 hrs away!!! please respond... thanks

Old 02-12-2008, 08:28 PM
1st Gear

no other way if you dont have the code... you can check the trunk to see if was pealed off and stuck there.. sometimes people stick one of the code stickers somewhere in there.. other than that, the dealer has to link up with the data base in germany and do it through that..

Old 02-13-2008, 07:44 PM

I just got my Audi A4 a week ago and had to take it serviced and get a new battery. Point being i just got it back today and i have the same problem. Except i have my code, and they told me i need to have my car turned on for 2 hours, well not all the way turned on but just turn the key enough to where i can use the windows and suff and then 2 hours later come out and enter in the code. Does anyone know if there is an easier way to reset the safe mode settings on my radio?

Old 02-13-2008, 11:18 PM
1st Gear

thats bull, there's no need for that you should just be able to, hold RDS, and SCAN and the 1000 thiing should come up so that u can eneter that damn code!!! if only i had it, i have checked everywhere,it just did not come with the car... isn't ther a way to fullly reprogram the radio so that it works without taking it to audi???

Old 02-14-2008, 12:16 AM

yea i found that out haha thanks. so much easier, stupid dealership. But i'm new to audi's so i dont know much so i can't help on getting the codes an easier way. but this link someone from another audi forums site helped me out maybe it can do the same for you? Ti Kan: Audi Radios

Old 02-14-2008, 10:36 PM
1st Gear

30vQuattro, if the car's registered in your name, have the VIN and call the Audi deaer, they "may" give you the code over the phone (most won't, but I heard some will do this).

Old 02-17-2008, 10:40 PM
1st Gear

they dont just look up the vin and presto they have it. they use the scanner linked with the car, and to the internet. using the serial number on the radio and the vin on the car, they connect to Geko in germany and pull the code up that way. then enter the code into the radio. i dont know if they have to be connected to the car, everytime i have done it, i have been connected to the car. i have never tried doing it just hooked up to geko, not sure if its possible. however if possible to do it, you still need the code on the side of the radio, AUZ.. something..youll have to pull the radio and find it stamped on the side. chances are its not possible though.. im pretty sure you have to be connected to the car..

Old 02-18-2008, 02:01 PM
1st Gear

yeah thats what i have!!! the vin of the radio, it was stamped on the manual, just without the code of the radio, yeah and it does start with AUZ... thanks