General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Really need some help

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 01:29 PM
Default Really need some help

Ok, so my catalytict converter has gone to s*** on my 93 Audi 100 non quattro. Does anyone know what is the best way to go about fixing it? Should I replace it with OEM parts or should I go aftermarket. What can expect topay. Ive already gotten some pretty steep estimates. I also have front right arm bushing that needs to get replaced at some point. What is the standard procedure for doing this? What can expect to pay? Where should i acquire the part? And is there anything else I should probably check out/replace while Im already down there? thanks.

Old 06-29-2006, 10:58 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Really need some help

With an older car like that requireing an expensive part like that the first thing i would do is have the car inspected from top to bottom. No sence in spending money if it looks like your gonna have to spend some more shortly down the road. As for the cat, your cheapest option would be to get a universal cat and have a muffler shop "custom" weld it up. Or just remove it completely depending on how much you like the environmen. As for the bushing, it may be a harder part to find as not that many audis were produced during that time. Id expect the repair to cost anywhere between 200-500 dollars, plus whatever the cat and labor for it will cost.