General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Someone help

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 12:57 AM
4th Gear
Default Someone help

ok so of every freaking problem ive fixed on my car and many others cars, i cant diagnose this, everytime i turn at low speeds i hear metal on metal sound form either the rear diff the torsen or the main driveshaft, i figured i had a problem when i came around a went corner and understeered hardcore instead of fishtailing alittle when i power overed. today (yeah everything would f**kin fail on my 21st birthday) i got the car up on all fours and put it in gear i ended up with a failed abs sensor (thank god i had a spare int eh garage) fixed that four wheels pun good not play int he steering. but again driving to school and the same f**in sh*t pop, pop, thud, pop, pop, thud, power power power, upshift, and then nothing until i stop and make a turn. and no none of my cv joints are bad, wheel bearings good, only thing i can think of is the rear diff fluid needs changing the fill plug is rusted on.
SOME PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Old 10-13-2008, 01:25 AM
4th Gear

ok maybe some more info will help, ive noticed that the noise is coming from teh front left (the axle i just replaced) im hoping into a transaxle thing because when the car is in the air thats the wheel that will turn slowly comapred to the rest, the splines int eh hub look good, so its not slipping and the when slapped the new axle on i used almost the whoel pack of supplied grease because the inner cv joint wasnt greased yet, the car had the noise before too but that i assumed was due to the old axle being bad having too much play in and out of the cv joint.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:05 AM
Site Moderator

Difficult noises like that are almost impossible for someone on a forum to diagnose, someone would have to set up some chassis ears on the car and pinpoint exactly where the noise is coming from. Sorry i can't be of more help.
One thing i can add is lower control arms will pop when turning if they haven't been replaced within the 100k mark.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:42 PM

100% sure its you didn't seat you CV joint in all the way. and its popping out of place.

Old 11-25-2008, 03:45 PM
4th Gear

problem fixed, just needed new PS sluid the old stuff was well old. also when i bought the car i topped it off with stop leak and forgot to change it. my bad. flushed the whole system and 3/4 a bottle of 11s later its like new.

Old 11-25-2008, 04:37 PM
2nd Gear
Thumbs up

I like a happy ending!
Thank you for the update!