General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

VAG-COM in Spokane

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 09:32 PM
1st Gear
Default VAG-COM in Spokane

Just thought that I'd put the word out that I just picked up a KEY-USB VAG-COM and would be more than happy to share the joy with anybody in the Spokane, WA area that needs it. And no, you don't have to buy a house from me to use it, but it wouldn't hurt. Come to think of it, if you buy a house from me, I'll GIVE IT TO YOU!

Old 04-03-2008, 10:20 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: VAG-COM in Spokane

dang it, why can't you be in central florida?! this world is against me!

Old 04-04-2008, 04:42 PM
1st Gear

Aw C'mon PRican, it's only a short 3000 mile drive.

Old 04-04-2008, 07:07 PM
1st Gear

well, that is true, but if i need a vag-com, i don't think it's very wise to take a road trip like that, now is it?

Old 04-04-2008, 07:44 PM
1st Gear

Details, details.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:53 PM
1st Gear

lol, my car is shaking really bad on a cold start and the only codes that show up are p0301-304 (all cylinders misfiring) i replaced the injectors, the spark plugs, the coil packs AND the ECTS and it's STILL messing up. the only thing that i thought it could be was the ICM but i don't have one! i have a 2000 A4 1.8T (FWD) and i don't have one so the only other thing i can think about is the MAF sensor. i tried cleaning some brake cleaner on it to see if it works but it didn't work, but then again i couldn't get the sensor out so i couldn't do a a thorough cleaning. i just wonder what else it could be! (plus my ABS light is on, my brake light flashes-ABS modulator, and my airbag light is on) :-) tons of fun!!!

Old 04-05-2008, 12:07 AM
1st Gear

Damn that sucks. Wish I could be more help, but I guess that I should have said "I have a vag-com for use as long as you know what the hell you're doing with it, because I sure don't yet." All I've managed to do so far is set my windows to work with my remote, adjust the shifting characteristics of my transmission and clear an ai bag light. Honestly, I would be happy if that's all that I ever had to do with it, but from what I read on here I doubt it. There are a lot op people on here that know what their talking about tho, so I'm sure someone can help you figure out that mess. Good luck.

Old 04-05-2008, 01:37 AM
1st Gear

lol, sure hope so cause i've posted about 5 times on the same thing and i've gotten nothing whatsoever. that's why i still have the issue. i'm going to the beach tomorrow and i just hope everything works smoothly!

Old 04-05-2008, 01:05 PM
1st Gear

I just went thru my Bentley and it looks like you pretty much covered all the bases in there. My Bentley is for the D2 A8, but the 301-304 codes look the same. Have you tried just sending a PM to some of the Tech's? Maybe they just haven't run across your posts.

Old 04-06-2008, 12:57 AM
1st Gear

i tried to but it said the tech wasn't accepting PMs at the time. (at least the one i tried)

Quick Reply: VAG-COM in Spokane