General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Windows/doors/alrams oh my!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 01:39 PM
1st Gear
Default Windows/doors/alrams oh my!

Ladies and Gents,

First off thanks to everyone who has given me pointers in the past, saving me time and money!

Recentely my car has started to have some odd issues. Quick background, its a 2002 Audi A6 and just hit 100,000 miles. I just fixed a flex pipe issue not that I think it has any bearing on what going on. I live in boston and its been freezing temps for the past month or so.

My windows have been going haywire, were going up and down randomly on one car ride and now will not move alltogether. The only window that works is the passenger side window, when I hit the other switches I hear a click/motor sound in the door and then nothing happens.

I just got back from a 3 week trip and when I went to turn on my car it was dead. I got a jump from tow-truck guy who happened to be checking a nearby lot when I noticed the issues. (Ran the car for like 10 mins and then was good to go the next morning). The issue is that right after the jump when I locked the car the alarm went off. This happened about 5-6 times where id walk away and 5 minutes later the alarm was going off. I finally just had to lock the doors with the button on the driver door to get it to stop.

Does anyone have any pointers on what is going on?

Old 02-19-2013, 01:40 PM
1st Gear

Also... thinking it was a fuse issue I checked the fuses on the car. In the process I think I reset the electronics since I am now getting a completley diffrent heads up display then I was before. (I have temp readouts, station readouts, etc) it used to just be blank.

thanks for the help in advance