Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

2.7T allroad

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 05:51 PM
1st Gear
Default 2.7T allroad

I checked most of this category but didn't see any info on allroads. I just got an '04 with Tip.

Has anybody out there done any exhaust mods? I've been doing some websearching, and have seen mostly APR and Milltek as the predominant brands, with occasional mention of Borla. This will be my first mod, and I'm considering both cat-back and full exhaust, though downpipes sound pretty expensive especially if I have it done.

As for DIY, my guess is that cat-back is doable, but that installing downpipes and cats could be a huge pain.

Lastly, I'm obviously interested in increased performance, but I really want my car to sound a little ballsier, but not like a CRX with a coffee can hanging out its butt.

Thanks.

Old 12-24-2007, 02:13 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: 2.7T allroad

Have them make you some piggy pipes at VAST performance for 400 bucks--your only other option for a downpipe on a tip allroad is millitek, and those are 2500 bucks. I was talking to Justin at matrix motorsports about the millitek units and he said he had a few customers who used the dp and had cat failure. Worst part was, the only way to fix it was to replace the whole downpipe.
I'm getting some piggy pipes for my 03 tip allroad and I'm gonna run an apr cat back. Should be a decent combo, I'll let you know what I think.

Old 01-04-2008, 09:09 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: 2.7T allroad

Thanks for your response. I really look forward to hearing about your conversion. Somehow, I remember seeing an APR downpipe/cat replacement online somewhere. Still, if your plan works, I'll go by the axiom, "I know a good idea when I steal one."

john