Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

2013 A4 aftermarket intake options

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 02:43 PM
1st Gear
Default 2013 A4 aftermarket intake options

GF leased an A4. Fun car when I pop the auto tranny into sport mode as well as the drivetrain. (stability control, yet when I turn it off, it says Sport on my dash). With it being a lease, we don't want to mod it too much... especially her. But w/ it being a turbo, an aftermarket intake would help push more air into that turbo, no? Also, would it help gas mileage? Because that is how I will be selling the idea to the girlfriend.

Thing is, it'll be going into the dealership for regular servicings. They can't use an intake to void any warranty, right? It has to be more extreme like a drive train mod or suspension mod, right?

So, will it help a bit in the performance department by at least waking up that turbo a little? Will it help gas mileage, as that will be the selling point to the woman. And warranty trouble's? I don't see that being an issue. Thoughts?

If all sounds well, what recommendations on an intake whether it be Cold Air or non-CAI do you guys recommend? And how complicated is it on these german cars? First Audi here... (and hooked for life).

Old 05-17-2013, 06:37 PM
1st Gear

The only two options that I've run across for the 2013 A4 2.0 are the APR Carbon Fiber System and the K&N Typhoon. THe APR will cost you about $100 more than the K&N. As for power gains, I wouldn't expect to see a huge improvement. It may give you a couple of extra horsepower, but nothing drastic, and it may not even be that noticeable from the driver's seat. If you're really after a very noticeable power and torque gain, look into an engine software upgrade from STaSIS, AWE/GIAC or APR tuning. The downside is that the software WILL most certainly affect your warranty, however, STaSIS does match the factory warranty, so that's a pretty safe bet, and many Audi dealerships are set up with STaSIS to do the upgrade. Can't say whether the intake will improve your fuel economy.