Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A4 B5 intake suggestions

  #1  
Old 04-25-2010, 02:08 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 25
Default A4 B5 intake suggestions

I have a 1999.5 A4, and I want to get a new filter to get a better sound. In my opinion Audi made the intake quite nice already, so I don't want the full system, just a new filter.

I have been looking at...

http://www.andysautosport.com/audi/1...ilters/fujita/
or
http://www.andysautosport.com/audi/1...filters/injen/
or
http://www.andysautosport.com/audi/1...p00027261.html

Im new to this car so I am not to familiar with sizes of things.
Could someone please help me decide on which of the above to get, or any other suggestions, and can you help me on what size to get?

All help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks you.
 
  #2  
Old 04-25-2010, 09:11 PM
turbo kraut's Avatar
Tech Guru
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Des Peres, Mo
Posts: 5,868
Default

i wouldn't do any of them... i would do the airbox mod and maybe a dry h/f pannel, or i did the k&n, but you need to let it sit out and dry or you will be replacing your maf
 
  #3  
Old 04-25-2010, 09:16 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 25
Default

Originally Posted by turbo kraut View Post
i wouldn't do any of them... i would do the airbox mod and maybe a dry h/f pannel, or i did the k&n, but you need to let it sit out and dry or you will be replacing your maf
Is the mod hard to do?
Could you link me to the DIY?
 
  #4  
Old 04-25-2010, 09:40 PM
turbo kraut's Avatar
Tech Guru
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Des Peres, Mo
Posts: 5,868
Default

here is the airbox mod
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2260654
here is the cone filter
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2507093

there are diy's here and on all the forums, as well as here
http://audidiy.com/b5a4phps/b5a4enginemechanical.php


you should also read the newbie guide and use the search feature
 
  #5  
Old 04-25-2010, 09:57 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 25
Default

Originally Posted by turbo kraut View Post
here is the airbox mod
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2260654
here is the cone filter
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2507093

there are diy's here and on all the forums, as well as here
http://audidiy.com/b5a4phps/b5a4enginemechanical.php


you should also read the newbie guide and use the search feature
Thank you!
Do I have to do the mod in order to use the filter, or no, because I don't feel comfortable doing everything listed in the mod.
 
  #6  
Old 04-25-2010, 10:14 PM
turbo kraut's Avatar
Tech Guru
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Des Peres, Mo
Posts: 5,868
Default

all i did was make a few holes in the front of mine, i never made holes in the bottom

if you want more turbo noise, do a cone... and talk to 00black18t(i think is his name on audizine) about a heat shile
 
  #7  
Old 04-25-2010, 10:36 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 25
Default

Originally Posted by turbo kraut View Post
all i did was make a few holes in the front of mine, i never made holes in the bottom

if you want more turbo noise, do a cone... and talk to 00black18t(i think is his name on audizine) about a heat shile
Alright.
You recommend the KN&N cone right?
 
  #8  
Old 04-27-2010, 12:30 AM
turbo kraut's Avatar
Tech Guru
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Des Peres, Mo
Posts: 5,868
Default

pannel
 
  #9  
Old 04-27-2010, 04:06 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 25
Default

Originally Posted by turbo kraut View Post
pannel
Then what would you recommend for a cone?
 
  #10  
Old 04-27-2010, 04:41 PM
turbo kraut's Avatar
Tech Guru
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Des Peres, Mo
Posts: 5,868
Default

any of the dry filters
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A4 B5 intake suggestions


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.