Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

bov

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 05:08 PM
1st Gear
Default bov

hey guys i was just wondering whats a good blow off valve i could get for my 2000 1.8t audi?

Old 02-21-2007, 05:27 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: bov

don't get a BOV...get a DV...do some research ..you'll find out why...im suprised you havent got torn apart by other members yet...

Old 02-22-2007, 01:07 PM

And after you research, and find some companies make a hybrid DV/BOV, dont ask about that either. Just search dv's (diverter valves) and get ready to be flammed for even saying the letters B-O-V in this forum... good luck

Old 02-22-2007, 02:55 PM

search wtf

Old 03-04-2007, 01:43 AM
1st Gear

these posts should be ignored, or filtered

Old 03-04-2007, 07:58 PM
1st Gear

sorry about that guys i didnt know. i did do some research and foundaBAILEY DV.Are they any good?

Old 03-14-2007, 01:06 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: motorhead

hey guys i was just wondering whats a good blow off valve i could get for my 2000 1.8t audi?
BOV's are usualy externally vented= when they open up they let the air out into the atmosphere, hence the PSHT! sound you hear. DV are internaly vented=when they open the air goes into the airbox and back into the intake. Audis are made so that they need to have DV's or they run like ****, basically. car wont idle right, itll be iffy at shift points and so on. if you want to upgrade just the DV use an 710N, theyre cheap and effective. If youre planning to do a LOT of modification and max it out, go with an iforge dv. if youre after that psht! sound, buy an Eclipse GST or GSX and get the RFL BOV in it. The only other way to have that sound in your car somewhat is to use an intake, something like and evo intake and a nice DV and when it vents back into it itll sound like a loud exhale, but it wont be that uber loud PSHT! sound that all the ricers cream their pants over. For the future, do a search, find out whats in the car stock, then find out why that part specifically, that will give you an idea of what to do as far as upgrades. also, why are you looking to upgrade just that one single piece? Theres no need to upgrade just that, it will make no difference unless the one u have in is broken or the membrane is ripping. i wont rip you apart because i can tell youre new to audi's and its just going to give this forum a bad reputation to put down newbies. like the people will say to you more times than you think, "do a search", that helps.

Old 03-14-2007, 01:07 PM
2nd Gear

also, you need to join several audi forums to make sure you get more info. some from each one will make up a good knowledge bank

Old 03-15-2007, 01:00 AM

I think we should make the search button bigger. Maybe that would help?

Old 03-15-2007, 08:29 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Bondga

I think we should make the search button bigger. Maybe that would help?
replace all buttons with "search"