Interior What have you done to the inside of your ride? Customized it? Kept it super clean? Talk about it here.

B6 A4 driver door window problem.......PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 01:31 AM
1st Gear
Default B6 A4 driver door window problem.......PLEASE HELP

I have a 2003 A4 1.8t base model sedan. When I bought it the windows did not work. The previous owner said just wiggle the switch and it would work. Below is what I have found.....
  1. The keyless entry will lock all the doors but the drivers, the door will however lock with the key in the door
  2. The buttons on the inside of the door by the bottom do not work (trunk and others)
  3. The windows would not work

To begin I took the door panel off and noticed there was a connector unplugged from the window motor. I plugged it back in and the windows worked for a second. I replaced the master window switch today and now the passenger and rear windows work. The lock button still will not work. The window buttons on the passenger and rear doors do not work, although the master switch works them. The connector that was not hooked up did not look right (I also have a 2005 A4 and compared the 2) The one on the 2005 has the purple clip connector and the 2003 just has a plain white connector. I am wondering if this might be messed with and missing some connectors.

I have done much reading online and found that a lot of people have issues with the CCM. The reason I dont think its the CCM is because every case I have read for it has multiple things that dont work, the windows, locks, trunk, sunroof... and more. I am wondering if it is possibly the drivers window module. It looks like the locks and buttons in the door panel plug into it. Has anyone had a similar problem or have any thoughts?? Thanks for the help guys. If I figure this out, I will post my diagnosis.

I will also try to add some pictures of the module connectors later if I get time.