Interior What have you done to the inside of your ride? Customized it? Kept it super clean? Talk about it here.

Iphone 4 issue =(

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 10:54 AM
1st Gear
Default Iphone 4 issue =(

Hey guys was wondering if yall could help me out with some thing. Ive been searching the internet and these forums for a day and can't figure out why my Iphone 4 wont connect to the stereo.

I do not have the navigation. I have the Audi symphony stereo, with the ipod jack in the glove box. When I plug my Iphone into the jack, It Displays a message "This device is not made for this phone. You may experience some noise while listening to music"

According to the owners manual, I have to hit the cd button until it says Ipod. When I do so, all it says is no cd and goes back to satellite. (There are no cds in the changer)

Ive tried wiggling it, restarting the phone, turning the radio on and off with no different results.

Any one have any Ideas? Thank you in advance.

Old 09-21-2011, 01:59 PM
1st Gear
Default Symphony II and iPod

I am just taking an educated guess here.... the USB cable that Apple sells including the 3rd party venders sell are authorized iPod accessories.. you might have a cable that is not "authorized" I believe there is some intelligence in one end of the cable. I have noticed that I get on even some older devices that used to work. The software updates on the i"Devices" are most likely checking for this.

Recommend to try and replace the cable and see if that helps.

Old 10-15-2011, 10:06 PM
1st Gear

Do all audis with the audi symphony have the ipod jack in the glove box?

Old 02-01-2012, 10:28 AM
1st Gear

Yeah I am having the same issue with my A3 w/ concert radio. Nearest dealer is a hour away. Does anyone know what to do? My car won't play anything on my iphone 4. Do you think it may be because the software on the car is too old for my new iphone 4?