Interior What have you done to the inside of your ride? Customized it? Kept it super clean? Talk about it here.

Pet Seat Cover

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 01:07 AM
1st Gear
Default Pet Seat Cover

I love my new A6, I also love my dog. I am in need of a good seat cover for the rear seat so that I can put my dog in the back. Anybody have any recomendations?

Old 08-28-2006, 01:28 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Pet Seat Cover

Fold the rear seat down (one of the great things about an A6) and spread out a big blanket. Pooch will get some room to roam and your leather can stay pristine.

Another tip (from another forum): Rubber bristled lint brush from Linens & Things = awesome at pet hair removal from carpet.

Old 08-31-2006, 09:36 PM
1st Gear

The laying down of the back seat would be fine if my dog was not the size of me but it won't work. Does Audi make a back seat cover or is there any company that makes one for Audi's? Am I the only Audi owner who also owns a dog?

Old 09-01-2006, 01:30 PM
1st Gear

I really need one of these covers as well. I am going to try the seat folding down tonight, but i will have the same problem...Big Dog. Someone must know of a pet cover. What about some sort of accessory guide by Audi??

Old 09-04-2006, 12:28 AM
1st Gear
Old 09-04-2006, 03:49 AM
1st Gear

No, you aren't the only audi ownder with a dog
I use the canvas on one side and thin rubber on the other to protect my back seats. There are 2 straps that the head rest fit over to keep it in place as well as slits for belt buckles like some of the ones here. I used it in my volvo s80 and now in my avant. the cover fits a bit better in the audi because the volvo's back seat was a bit bigger. The hammock ones look 'safer' so your dog wont hit the floor if you hit the brakes but if you use a dog seatbelt-harness you dont have to worry about that at all.

Then there are these; which are more like car seats or booster seats instead of covers... I have one of these as well (yes, i am an one of those INSANE dog people ) but don't really use it. I do think the drawer under the seat is a great idea, use of space and place to stash some of the immediate dog trip essentials.

Many choices of fabrics and materials but most of all keep your buddy safe then keep the 6 clean. We just went to Palm Springs in the avant this weekend and instead of putting the crate in the back like a lot of folks do we had the cover then a bed pillow thingy and a belt harness for lord helmet's spoiled travel and kept the crate collapsed in the cargo area with the bags and other luggage.

I just bought my avant a couple days ago so it was a great trial run out to the desert and back. The car, the pup, my lady, and i did just great.

good luck,
pandas

Old 09-05-2006, 02:06 PM
1st Gear

I also found these two. I think I am going to so with one of them.

http://www.autoanything.com/seat-cov...A2329A0A0.aspx
http://www.autoanything.com/seat-cov...A2333A0A0.aspx

Old 09-05-2006, 03:40 PM
1st Gear

I saw those too when i was looking. If you deside to try them, let me know how they are. I am probably going to order them anyway. Good luck!

Old 09-06-2006, 04:23 AM
1st Gear

Thats like the one i have except nut as 'plush and pimped" so to speak but i swear it saved my back seat of my volvo and the little man couldnt be happier about getting dad a great t rade in price .

What kinds of dogs do you two have? I have a french bullldog that kills it and is also black with a little white tuxedo stripe down his chest.... always ready for the black tie event.

Old 09-06-2006, 12:29 PM
1st Gear

I have a mut. Half German Shepherd half Rotti, looks like a Rotti acts like a Shepherd. Yeah, I am going with the $200 one, just ordered it. I will keep you posted.

Quick Reply: Pet Seat Cover