Interior What have you done to the inside of your ride? Customized it? Kept it super clean? Talk about it here.

Is it possible? Changing dash/interior light colors...

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 02:42 PM
Default Is it possible? Changing dash/interior light colors...

<Insert obligitory newb acceptance speech>
I apologize if this has been brought up elsewhere but I haven't been able to find it as of yet.
<End obligitory newb acceptance speech>

I'm looking at purchasing a 2000-2003 A4, as I love everything about the car with the one exception being the red light interior. I'm sure this is a favorite of many out there, so I will try my best not to offend anybody. But is it possible to change the interior dash light scheme from red to another color, white, blue, green etc?

I'm sure you could change a few bulbs here and there, but then there's also lcd screens in both the dash and the climate control.

The simple answer is "No, and you're an idiot for trying." And I'll be okay with that.

The answer I'm looking for is "Yes and it's been discussed a million times already and the link is here. And you're still an idiot."

If it hasn't been done before I'm gonna figure out what it'll take before I purchase. So any help/suggestions/ideas would be appreciated.

TIA

Old 02-11-2006, 04:58 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Is it possible? Changing dash/interior light colors...

It sure is possible, what you will be replacing is smd Led's... i have a 97 that had all red lights and I really liked the look of white led's for a dash cluster and climate control. Be prepared to spend alot of money.. i think my total was 78 led's and was almost $100 and I'm not done yet. I plan to keep some red as to break up the boring of the white but would like to replace the radio buttons..any questions you can pm me

Old 02-13-2006, 12:57 AM
6th Gear

Not going to happen. No way you'll get to change out all those tiny LED'S inside the instrument cluster. WAY too much work and no one's every done it that I know of.

Old 02-13-2006, 01:00 AM
Administrator

It could happen if you had way to much time and money on your hands.. but then you would realize that you spent enough to get a new car.. and you liked the Red better

Old 02-13-2006, 03:56 AM
1st Gear

guess I have too much time on my hands then, well not really but it only took me about 3 1/2 hours to un-solder the old leds and solder on the new ones. And really like I posted before it is not that expensive for the amount of Led's needed.

Old 02-13-2006, 11:20 AM

Thanks for the replies. I knew this would get kinda hairy with some Audi purists out there who love the red.

Auttiquattro, I may take you up on your offer. And I'd love to see some pics if ya got em.

-el bandito azul

Old 02-13-2006, 05:31 PM
1st Gear

Here is the instrument cluster, I kept the lcd screens red because I liked the cleaner look that it gave

Here is kind of a hard picture to see of my climate control, i will post better ones tonight. So you know there is a piece of red plastic in the climate control that you have to take out which then shows all the led's in the background, I'm still torn as to whether to put a piece of clear plastic in there or to just keep it the way it is

Old 02-20-2006, 06:09 PM

I've been away for a couple of days but that dash looks absolutely awesome!!!

I'm still looking forward to the climate control pics, but as I've been lazy I can't really hold your feet to the fire on them.

Anyway, great pics, and I'm very jealous.

-El Bandito

Old 02-23-2006, 01:49 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for the comments the climate control is for sale as I am selling the car to buy a B6

Old 10-31-2006, 05:04 PM

Changing my A6 all red cluster soon to a blue color smd leds
I'm just waiting for the leds to arrive...

Quick Reply: Is it possible? Changing dash/interior light colors...