Interior What have you done to the inside of your ride? Customized it? Kept it super clean? Talk about it here.

Rear window replacement - unfinished job by Audi?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 10:57 PM
1st Gear
Default Rear window replacement - unfinished job by Audi?

Hi,

I recently had to replace the rear window on my Audi Q7.
To ensure a 'proper' job I took it to Audi, fully expecting to pay higher rates than an independent company.
I have received the vehicle back but there are shards of the previous window in the boot lid itself, so very time you open and close you can hear them moving.
Am I within my right to go back to Audi requesting they remove the paneling as required and remove the remaining shards?
Surely you pay to have a complete job, not simply take out the old and in with the new?

Any advise would be great.

Thanks

Old 12-20-2012, 07:39 PM
1st Gear

I would take the car to the dealer and ask them to remove the glass that is in the rear door panel, if they refuse, you can contact Audi of america and file a claim or take the panel off yourself and clean it.

Old 12-21-2012, 11:51 AM
Former Sponsor

It's possible your dealer sublet that job to a glass shop, possibly mobile, that they trust. The dealership might not have even known those shards were still in there. If the dealer has a quality control guy, then he would have dropped the ball on checking this one. I agree with rabbitjetta, you should tell the dealer and get that fixed. I'm not in the dealerships corner. But if you like the work your dealer does for you and have a bad taste from this experience, I'm hoping if you know the job was possibly done by somebody other than a dealer tech that you'll feel confident in going back to them the next time. We use a glass shop here. Because that is all they do the work has always been good.