Mid West IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

Fletcher Jones Audi warranty dispute

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 10:23 AM
1st Gear
Default Fletcher Jones Audi warranty dispute

Any knowledgeable techs, please advise on the following scenario:

I am the owner of a 2005 A8l with 45000 miles. Purchased it over Ebay, and was told that the car was never involved in an accident. Carfax report confirmed it. Dropped it off to dealer a couple of days ago with following problems:

1) sunroof goes back and forth...wont close
2) rear trunk wont close, have come back to car to find it open on 2 sep occasions
3) cigarette lighteroutlet has no juice
4) right front interior door handle broken(wont open door from inside)
5) MMI "CD" button sticks

Although I thought that all of these items would be covered under warranty, the dealer said that the door handle, MMI, and lighter were NOT covered. First, the dealer said that the car was involved in an accident, even though it couldnt specify what kind of accident it was. Next, although the dealer did not open upeither the MMI system cover orthe right door, the dealer said that the MMI button stuck because someone spilled something over it(I never spilled anything ever!), and stated that the door latch wasnt covered. Further, it stated that the cigarette lighter was usedas an electrical source, so it wasnt covered either.

This sounds incredible. Any advice or insight on getting Audi to cover these repairs? This car is still under warranty, but I am looking at 3000 in repairs nonetheless.