Mid West IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

June 21st GTG in Elkhart

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 12:44 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: June 21st GTG in Elkhart

Let me know how you like the NGK Iridiums. I just put Denso Iridiums in my car, and really like them so far - I went to AutoZone with the intentions of getting NGK, but they didn't have any, and I was in sort of a hurry. A little expensive, though...almost $40 for the plugs and a little packet of anti-seize.

As far as the cruising goes, twisties won't be hard to find, but I just don't want to plan out a route that's going to feel extremely long for people that just made a two-hour drive. And as far as the racing goes, country roads aren't exactly the widest, but I'll see what I can come up with. If anyone has a radar detector, we can probably just get on I-55 for a few miles, but State Piggies seem a little common on the weekend. [:@]

Old 05-15-2008, 12:54 AM

What are bypass valves? still a noobie sorry... Im guessing your talking about diverter valves, but what kind? and yeah some windy roads will be great!

Old 05-15-2008, 11:21 AM
Tech Guru

bypass are the same........ and trapped, not to take anything away from kody's car, but you gotta sell yours first......... and at almost 12 grand.... that is more money than amy wants to spend........

what i would do for you is go on over stock. com and type in s4.... look for a dealer and trade the a6...... also since you don't like the maitenance why don't you just get the 4.2 like matt and kelley?

i personally would, get the 2001-2 car...... and like kody said as long as maintenance is done mileage shouldn't be an issue.......

or do like i said, keep the car till you get home..... or just get a 1.8t for when you do come home, mildy mod it then you can sell everything off and buy your s...... if your car is paid off and worth around the 11-12 range you could easily go somewhere and trade even......... but it is your car..... do what you want.........

if i had your exact car(and keeping it).... i would get as much power out it, so that when someone like kyle walked up and started reving you could just sit back wait for green and blow their doors off....... even in an auto

Old 05-15-2008, 04:31 PM

Yeah, Im not worried about the cost to maintain. I have the 2.7t now and know about what needs to be done the car is paid off. If I still owed money I would never sell this thing. I want to mod it, but right now I just want something different is what it comes down to, but still want that 2.7 power! I am going to try to do a straight up trade, but I was just looking and saw blackjacks and that blue on (sold) and thought I would get a feel. Im going up to dean team to get a feel in the next few days see if they have anything.

Old 05-15-2008, 04:34 PM
1st Gear

dean team FTL.

just my opinion.

Old 05-15-2008, 04:41 PM
5th Gear

Page Two Ownage!!

[sm=happybounce.gif]

Why is Dean Team FTL??

Old 05-15-2008, 04:48 PM
1st Gear

I just never liked them - they sold my family some shady cars in the past - things that didnt work on the car, they refused to fix (Power windows, etc), Power headlight)

And as much as I didnt want to, i bought my A4 at Dean Team Kirkwood - would have much rather given the money to parktown, but DT had my exact car (Black, Black interior and stick). I had been looking for that unicorn for a couple months.

Then the dealer was a shade ball, kept trying to screw me. I didnt tell him I was an accountant till the end - And I got the price and deal I wanted. (he kept "Lowering" my monthly payment,by increasing the number of months that I had to pay. then by decreasing the interest rate by a quarter point - he wasnt actually lowering the price of the car. I showed him when i busted out my amortization schedule.).

Ive just always had a distaste for them for some reason - no biggie, just my opinion. every person has a feeling about a dealer, and thats mine.

Old 05-15-2008, 04:56 PM
5th Gear

I see, I see. Just wondering.

I kind of get that feeling about Suntrup. My dad drove a 528i there, and I ended up in an argument with the salesman.

Apparently Audis are "only Volkswagens until you get into the higher-end cars", and I "better hang on to my Audi", because I'll "never get anything for it". BMWs aren't jack on trade-in, either. I usually enjoy dealerships, but that guy was a dick.

Old 05-15-2008, 04:57 PM

Yeah I agree with what your saying about dean team, but when it comes to straight up trades a few of my friends have been very happy with them. When I was looking for my car dean team offered me a 01 Passat w/ 75k miles, but for the same price I got my car! I like dean team because of their inventory, but thinking about it Plaza always has a ton of cars laying around. And I just got a letter from Audi telling me to buy the new 2008 s-line a4!

Old 05-15-2008, 05:08 PM
Tech Guru

like i said to be honest with you..... it is your car, do what you may..... but the feeling i get from talking to you and seeing what you say....... a 2.7t is not what you wanna maintain...... seeing as you are going away to school....... you will not have the opportunity to drive it and keep everything lubed and stuff like you will probably need to.....

i am not saying it will happen, but what will you do when you buy it, drive it for 2 months and go to school for 4-6 months before you can drive it again? come home everyweekend cause you just have to? let it sit for that amount of time and let the oil sludge? think this through very carefully young grass hopper........

if i was in your situation, i would do one of 3 things..... all i have already stated.....

1. keep the a6
2. trade for 1.8t
3. keep car and trade for b6+ s4 later on

as a college kid, can you drop the necessary 1500 for tb/wp? can you drop the 2-3 grand + for upgrades + 1500+ for labor? i know as a working adult i really can't even fathom that........ that is why i will have a "back-up" car for when i do have to do those things when i get my 2.7 and a engine hoist for turbo swap

i might when i get my 2.7 factor in new turbo's and crap and just do that right off the bat...... i mean even if i am running stock programming with ko4's shouldn't be a big deal till i can upgrade programming and fueling............

/box

Quick Reply: June 21st GTG in Elkhart